Monday, June 9, 2008

I take the Fault

It was my fault for falling,
Sinking into your arms too soon
And now we are nothing,
No longer do our hearts chase noon.

It was my fault for calling,
Telling you that we could be friends.
When we cannot..
We didn’t give each other the space,
For our hearts to mend

It was my fault for caring,
When I should have just walked away.
Once I saw the truth in you,
It was my fault for putting up with all the shit you put me through.

It was my fault for not paying attention,
Not breaking through the dirty window,
Not seeing what was your intention
I was fooled by the false sense of worship,
That soon turned into obsession.

It was my fault for misleading your emotions,
Knowing that the only commitment I had was to myself -
Not with you or anyone else.

But it was your fault when you said
Goodbye.
You wanted another chance, another try.
But I can’t,
The reason being that,
I feel no need to take the blame again.

No comments: