Monday, June 9, 2008

Hurt Again

Why are my eyes sad again?
When I thought I had control
Over my emotions.
I was hiding from the thought of you.
In the empty space in my heart remains you -
Your furniture,
Your gifts,
Your bed.

You wander through my head.
I wish my eyes weren’t so visible,
So you won’t be able to see how you took what’s left of me.
So I chose to avoid you,
Enabling you to see my weaknesses.

I choose not to see your face,
Which I use to touch with so much care.
I choose not to see your eyes,
And if that sparkle is still there.
I choose not to see you.

And if you feel the pain
I choose not to know.
If in your heart my space still remains,
All I want is that you won’t get a chance to see me
The way you left me.

I don’t want to know the way I left you
Because what broke us apart
Just might bring us back together.
And I love myself too much
To let myself get hurt again

No comments: