Monday, June 9, 2008

Emotions on guard

Childhood memories of me being
So young, so pure, and so naive
But now I am nowhere near that little girl I used to be.
After the heartache, the struggles and the pain caused
By so many confused emotions.
I’ve learned now to keep my emotions on guard.
I am protective of my heart.

It has become too hard to trust strangers..
If my mistakes have taught me anything, I have learned not to repeat them.
Yet I have learned from my mistakes,
And I gratefully say that I have grown.
No longer do I wear my heart on my sleeve.
No longer am I the child you used to see.
And I am humble to say that, I am Happy!

My emotions no longer have control over me.
I know now what I didn’t know then.
I stand like a tree,
FEARLESS,
STRONG, and
TALL….
No longer will I feel belittled or small.

I am a tree, not living by emotions.
There is no high,
There is no low.
There are only leaves to let go.
Like a tree, I will grow -
Grow stronger with the minutes that soon turn into hours.Without fear is how I will spend my days living.

No comments: